Benefits The Benefits of Playing Indoor Soccer
- Fast paced game with minimal stoppages
- More touches on the ball per player
- Improved fitness levels
- Develop small group defending, attacking, and transition
- Improves players individual skills
- Adult & Kids Love it and find indoor soccer to be “FUN”
- Encourages quicker speed of play due to smaller field size
- More scoring opportunities due to smaller field size. Indoor soccer is a great way to get in extra training in while in the off-season. There are many benefits of indoor soccer, the most obvious being climate control. Whether you are trying to get out of the heat, rain, wind, cold, or playing surface, indoor soccer will help you get in additional training sessions while escaping the elements
Indoor soccer is a much faster paced game than outdoor because the walls create less frequent stoppages than an outdoor game. Since the ball is continually in play, with only a few breaks in play, there are more chances for touches on the ball and constant action. This constant action is a great way to improve fitness levels while having fun. Indoor soccer will help with your off-season fitness program and will help to develop short bursts of speed along with power and endurance.
Indoor soccer will also help you focus on developing small group defending and small group attacking. This is because there are generally 6-8 players on the field at a time. Transition becomes a very important aspect of playing successful indoor soccer due to the limited number of players on the field. This is great because it forces players to get involved with both defending and attacking no matter what position they are playing.
The number of players on the field also causes more of the focus on the individual. Therefore, skills such as first touch, dribbling, passing, controlling, and defending become very important in indoor soccer.